Join our Team
We are a dynamic company selling some of the most exciting new kitchen appliances on the market today.
We are seeking a cookery school tutor for our Cookery school in London, the Toolshed@W2. In return for the below we are offering a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience, with 23 days holidays plus bank holidays, generous employee discounts and an engaging & supportive work environment. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
The ideal candidate must have excellent cookery and communication skills, have HACCP training, have good computer knowledge and be a team player. The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation expanding our clientele, especially in the tourism and corporate side of the business while developing new and improved courses for our regular students.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for ensuring that all students, clients and guests are provided with a quality experience and outstanding service, ensuring that the current high standards are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all classes are planned in advance, that programmes are communicated to the tutor involved and all ordering for classes has been done through the correct suppliers.
- Organise a roster for the Cookery School and ensure all classes and private events are taught by our experienced and professional tutors.
- Teaching of classes each week, and with the help of a kitchen assistant setting up and weighing for the classes in good time and ensuring the cookery school is left clean and tidy at the end of the class.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean at all times and food items are stored correctly following HACCP procedures.
- Run weekly figures including food and staff costs for the Cookery School ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators are met.
- To ensure that all staff follow correct food and hygiene standards at all times.
- To manage the stock purchased for the Cookery School and ensure that wastage, loss and breakages are minimised and recorded appropriately.
- Deliver Chef Tables events and Dinner To a high standard.
- Develop 30% new product for each term and ensure the classes are up on the website with enticing descriptions and excellent images.
- Work on improving the daytime offering with expanding the range of classes which are currently offered by the Cookery School.
- Ensure that all costings are carried out for each proposed new class so that management can make informed decisions in relation to new produce offerings.
- Work with the rest of the SousVideTools.com team on expanding out tourism and corporate programmes.
- Identify new market opportunities for the Toolshed @ W2 Cookery School which will serve to expand the reach and financial stability of the company.
- Maintain the cookery school part of the website and ensure classes are up at least 6 months in advance to provide good sales lead-in time.
- Update all social media channels currently being used by the Toolshed @ W2 Cookery School team including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Update class recipes on our central database for classes as needed in a standard format, liaise with the office to ensure all recipes have been printed for the classes in good time and that the correct recipes are being used.
- Ensure that Customer Feedback Forms are completed at the end of each classes that responses are collected and used to inform future programming.
- Creation of newsletters which are sent out monthly to our database of regular attendees.
- Developing partnerships with other companies to encourage group bookings.
- Take advantage of all PR opportunities which are proposed, ensure that Toolshed @ W2 Cookery School is presented in the best manner possible to maximise the benefit of any coverage in press and media.
- Hosting of site visits for future partnerships offering light refreshments to demonstrate the quality of our offering. The above is not an exhaustive list.
- Experience in catering to a high standard with familiarity with a wide range of styles and traditions of cuisine.
- Wide range of technical experience, including tutoring, on the job training and development of staff.
- Extensive computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Budgeting and costing skills Organisational skills Interpersonal Excellent communication skills, motivational and leadership skills.
- Good service skills.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of employment agreements and law.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, include evenings and weekend on a regular basis.